Just in case someone out there is reading our site and wondering why we haven't posted since May, I thought I'd get on and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that your holiday is a good one and that you find many things to be thankful for. We are surrounded by many things Heavenly Father has blessed us with that it 's always hard to pinpoint a just a few. The kids really liked sharing those things around the table at our thanksgiving meal but I can never think of just one thing. My list is always long and is ever increasing. This is probably where having a gratitude journal comes in real handy.
Anyways, we hope that you are all well. We (I mean me) are trying to be more diligent in keeping this going. I (I mean we) have so much going on that sometimes it's hard to sit and type in some thoughts. Someday we'll (I mean me) have it all together.
So here's a thought for the day, take President Eyring's counsel and keep a gratitude journal. There is nothing like looking back and seeing how Heavenly Father has blessed you. I recently read his talk to the Priesthood from this last General Conference and he talked about the feelings of inadequacies when it comes to callings and responsibilities. He advices that when those thoughts and doubts creep in, that we need to turn to our Savior. Having a gratitude journal helps us to look back on how we've been blessed. Counting our blessings helps us to recognize the Savior and Heavenly Father's hand in our lives.
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment