When I hear someone rant that life is not fair, I think of a little child throwing a tantrum for not getting their way. Why, as adults, do we feel the urge to throw up our arms and scream that life is not fair when trials come our way? We already know that it's not about being fair. We are told in the scriptures that our trials are what refine us and prepare us for things to come. I had a friend who would often say that the harder the trial, the great the blessing to look forward to. I loved this outlook because it is also what we are taught in the scriptures when it tells us that as we endure out trials in patience, we will have our blessings.
Christ is our ultimate example. He bore many trials, pains, and afflictions on our behalf. In his last days, his own people mocked him, beat him, and whipped him but remained silent and endured the pain. His love for them, and for us, was stronger than the pain he was enduring. Because of Christ, we have reason to rejoice through our trials. He is the light in the storm. It is not easy to stay faithful when so many around us are mocking our choices but when we remember Christ in the mist of our trial and seek to do God's work, we will be proved and receive out reward of eternal life which is far greater and more desirable than any earthly reward.
No comments:
Post a Comment