Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Natural Man

How do I leave the "natural man" behind? How do I become more Christ-like in ALL I do and say?

I ask this question tonight because I let things fly when they weren't EXACTLY how I planned and I flew off the handle on assumptions. What is wrong with me?! Without really knowing who was right or wrong, I argued with someone over scheduling. YIKES! I can't believe I was so free with my emotions with this sweet sister. My hope tomorrow is to find out who she is and call to apologize because whether I was right or wrong, I should not have let myself get that way. I should have seen the situation for what it was, work through it and moved on with very little disruption to their activity or ours.

Thank Heavenly Father for the Atonement and the opportunity to repent from our mistakes. My prayer is that I didn't ruin the Spirit of her activity.

Update: Ok, so I made my apology. A young woman I know said it best, "Apologies are hard but the relief afterwards is worth it."

I guess I need to clear something up above. Apparently my words made it sound like the situation was a big thing when really it wasn't. I just have a habit of making my mistakes bigger athan they are. I was being hard on myself but I wanted to make sure I didn't lose the feeling to call and apologize to the sister. I knew that if I justified or down played my emotions and actions, I may have just brushed it off without another thought of apology and I knew that Heavenly Father would not have been happy with that because I already knew he was not happy with my tone and actions. We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father and when we treat each other like something other than this, we need to apologize and return our thinking that we are all His children and deserve that respect.

No comments: