Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Something that came to me.

Sunday, before Sacrament Meeting, one of our Stake High Councilmen (who is also in our ward) asked me about Trek and how I was doing. My reply was that it was hard and if I had known how hard it was going to be, it might have had second thoughts about going. This is pretty much where our conversation ended. During the meeting, the thought came to me that if I had not gone, I would not have had the experiences or the blessings I received from going. So after the meeting, I went back up to him and told him that even if I had known what it was going to be like before going, I would still go so that I could have the experiences and blessings I received from being on Trek. I can't even describe in words the feelings and connections I feel towards trek but only leave it at that it was awesome and I would not trade it for anything.

As I was getting ready for my day this morning, I was thinking about that conversation and I got to thinking that this might have been what the premortal life was like. In many cases we probably knew (at least a little bit) of what we were getting ourselves into coming to this earth but we still chose to come despite the trials and challenges we were to face. We may have known that we would be disabled, live a life of poverty or even suffer abuse from the hand of someone we love but we still chose to come because we knew that if we didn't, we would forgo all the experiences and blessings our Heavenly Father has for us. We would not be able to become like our Heavenly Father.

Oh, the sweetness of the Gospel and knowing the Plan of Salvation!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

YES!!! Our RS lesson was along the same lines (or it seemed to me) the week before. Our mortal mind says "no way I am out of here!" but our spirit mind whispers (loudly) "stick with it it is SO worth it!!.