Last night, I laid bed and I could stop thinking about what I saw on Facebook yesterday. A sixteen year old young man that we are acquainted with had taken a couple of quizzes that left some very detailed pictures on the wall not to mention the quizzes themselves should not have been something he should have been thinking about at his age. Just barely at the age of dating, his mind was already thinking of things more appropriate for married life. It made me wonder about my own son who is only 2 1/2 years younger than him and wondering if I have done (and continue to) teach him (and my daughters) the standards that our church and our Heavenly Father want us to keep. We have covered the "For the Strength of Youth" as a family teaching our children from it and from our example but how can we be certain that it's enough? I don't even know if we can ever be certain. But it won't stop me from trying and praying for each one of them as they get older and more into those treacherous teenage years.
In the case of this young man, I pray that his parents are aware of what he is doing and posting on Facebook. I pray that they too will sit down with their family and teach the standards in the "For the Strength of Youth" and live by it's example. I know that living these standards are a protection from the temptations that are all around us. I know that by living these standards we are truly happy and will certainly find the our celestial rewards in the life to come.
For more information on the "For the Strength of Youth":
http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,6924-1,00.html
No comments:
Post a Comment