For the last several months I have struggled with many things, personal and otherwise. My home has become a unorganized mess with what feels like no hope of getting it back in control. I thought I would be able to get on top of things when my children returned to school but to this day, I don't feel like that's coming together as it should. For the last several weeks, I have tried to get back to my personal scripture study (beyond lesson preparations) and this morning I finally opened my Book of Mormon to pick up where I left off in 3 Nephi and here is what I read:
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
...
32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
As I read this passage, I knew that I had neglected "the kingdom" for myself and my family. It's not that we were doing bad things or relaxing on our standards. It's that I wasn't putting the spiritual things into our everyday lives as we had in months past. Here I have been struggling with my home and other things around me but all I have to do is make sure that I am spending a little time every day doing those things Heavenly Father wants us to do to help fortify us in the face of adversity.
We are faced with hard things every day. It's the world we live in and according to the scriptures and the prophets, it's only going to get worse the closer we get to the return of the Savior to the earth. I know that as I take the time every day to "seek the kingdom", Heavenly Father will bless me with the strength and endurance to accomplish the everyday tasks as well as protect against the storms that beat at our door.
I know that gospel is true. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and is aware of our needs and is just waiting for us to ask. I know that when I am doing all that is in my power to do and then turn to Him in prayer, He will pour out the blessings I need.
1 comment:
Wonderful thoughts! Thank you for sharing. ((HUGS)) (and as FLYLady says: You are not behind - jump in where you are...go shine your sink) (LOL)
Post a Comment