Friday, September 25, 2009

I Love The Scriptures

This morning, I was talking with Brent about some of my frustrations. As we chatted, I could feel myself actually becoming more and more tense, physically. At some point, I finally had to put a stop to our conversation. I was so tight inside I didn't know where to turn for relief. As I thought about it, I realized I hadn't read my scriptures today and I quickly pulled them out. I wasn't until I finished reading that I realized that the tension I felt earlier was now completely gone. The things I was frustrating over are still there but allowing the scriptures or more specifically, the words of Christ sink into my heart released the tightness I had built up in my short conversation with Brent. To me, the scriptures are a form of medicine needed to make it through the depression and frustrations of every day life.



What a beautiful day today! I love 3 Nephi and reading about Christ's visist to the Nephites. I love reading His words and it's not hard to picture myself there as He spoke to the Nephites. There is nothing like the scriptures to bring comfort and peace (and direction) to your heart.

No comments: