Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Semester, New Class


graduation-wallpaper9-600x400
image courtesy of https://wallpaperhdzone.com/graduation-wallpaper-hd/

For what seems like forever, I have been doing online college. It started many years ago when my dream of finishing my college education finally became a possibility with Brigham Young University Idaho’s Pathways Program. It was designed for people like me wanting to get a college education but didn’t have the means or time to step onto a traditional college campus.


Now, here I am, in my senior year, two and a half semesters away from finally achieving my goal of that college bachelor’s degree. And yet, I have found myself in another class requiring me to write something for the worldwide web. When I decided to go back to school, I never dreamed it would involve the world in such this way. Although, if it takes a village to raise a child, maybe it takes the world to get a college education. 

So, here I am, using this blog site I created many years ago for family things for yet another class, for another assignment. When I was a kid, it was my dream to be a writer. To have people read and be entertained by my ramblings. Today, I just hope to keep you awake long enough to get enough words in my word count but keep you wanting to come back to see what next I have to write about for my social media class. 

What, may you ask, is a social media class? In a nutshell, it’s a class where you learn about social media and how to make it successful for a business. Some things we have learned so far are how to write for a blog site, tricks to be successful at blogging, and getting to know the audience. This is all in hope that someday, someone will hire and pay me to spend all day on social media. Who wouldn’t want to be paid to spend all their working hours on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? Isn’t that every teenager's dream? 

Here’s to another fun semester at Brigham Young University Idaho. Come back and check in often to see what fun things I have learned this week.

No comments: