Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's been awhile since we've (or I) have posted and I can't really say why. Time just flies so fast that I can't keep track anymore. Here we are only a week or so before Kate's 2nd birthday and I keep asking myself wasn't it just yesterday that she was just a tiny infant in our arms? It's crazy but it's also amazing to see the growth that she and the rest of us have gone through just having her in our lives. We love her very much.

Brent is still dealing with school and is really glad the last term is over. He really struggled this last term with balancing life, work, family, church and school and the result was lower grades. He passed the classes enough to keep on the good side with Boeing but not enough for himself. So he's set the goal of doing school work early in the week especially since we have busy weekends.

Morgan, Britt and Jesse just finished this state's standardized testing and I'm certainly glad to have that behind us. Washington has opted to stop their current test and go to another. I don't understand what the big deal is about it because the requirement that the children still pass it in order to graduate is still there. What happened to the days when these tests were administered to test the results of what was being taught in the classroom and the children's retention? Oh well, I'm just hoping that with this new test and the promise that they're going to make them computerized might actually help Morgan and he loves the computer.

For me, things have been a virtual roller coaster. My mom has now been living in Washington about 8 months and it's been harder for me than I thought. There have been days where I've just called her to say that I just can't do it that day. I love my mom and I know that she deserves to get out to but sometimes I just can't add one more thing to my plate and I will not cut out my husband or children. She wears on me a little more emotionally than I thought she would. She struggles with her own identity (a daughter of God and being worthy of that) that it's hard to be around the negativity. No matter how much I tell her I know that she is a cherished daughter of our Heavenly Father, no matter how many scriptures I quote or give to her to look up, she doesn't let it took root into her heart. I love her and it breaks my heart that she is struggling so much. My prayer for her is that she can someday find peace with who she is and that she is worthy of all the blessings Heavenly Father has promised to each of us as she does what she can to live the commandments and make Him apart of her life.

I've now hit the year mark in my calling and I can't believe that has gone by so fast. These young women that I serve with are amazing. They have had so much thrown at them but yet they are firm in their testimony and even love to share it with their friends. They each have amazing talents and abilities that make coming to Mutual and Church meetings enjoyable and rewarding. They make me want to be a better person too.

I hope that you are all doing well. Remember to keep the faith and endure to the end, especially today.

No comments: